Saturday, July 12, 2014

I Didn't Know Writing Was So Stressful

Well that's a bit of a lie, I guess. Its just all been getting to me recently. Since I could form a proper story (let's call it second grade), I've been writing. There are more notebook and flashdrives filled with half-done stories laying around than I care to count. Never a finished one. I can't think of one project that I've ever completed. Not even my short-stories are actually finished to a point that I'm content with. Don't get me wrong, as a writer, putting something out there that you are 100% happy with just isn't going to happen. This isn't a perfect world. Recently, I've had all this motivation to write but all of my old story ideas seem over-done or over-thought (partially because they've been floating around in my mind for years by this point). There just isn't anything coming to mind when I want to write. When I say that, I mean working on a novel, of course. Though, I'm not going to lie, working on this blog has been incredibly difficult as well. This is my third or fourth blog in the last two years, I just can't seem to stick with anything. I'm always changing what I want in life or what I want to write about. I felt like that was too confusing for my readers, which I had actually amassed a little bit of a following on my previous blog. But the content I was putting out there didn't sound like me, it wasn't something I particularly cared about...I could just write about it in a manner that made people think I did. Not something I'm completely proud of but whatever, that's in the past. That's the reason I started this blog in the first place, so that I could write about things that mattered to me. At the time, that was Magic: The Gathering. But now that I am in one of my phases where I'm burned out on playing MTG, I feel like I should still be forcing out posts about the subject even if I don't want to. That's not at all what I wanted in my blog but I have yet to find a real grove. There's such a stigma that you have to have a themed blog in order to do well but I realized that I don't care how many people read my blog. If there's just one person that likes my posts then its all worth it in my mind. So I guess what I'm trying to say, in a long, round-about way is that I'm going to be changing things up, trying to write more about things that truly matter to me. Things that I have a passion for. This week, I love the Kim Kardashian: Hollywood game but don't worry, I won't be making a whole blog post about that...Now that I say that, it sounds kind of tempting but I will try to resist the urge for you guys. There might not be an overall, consistent theme to my blog but I hope to start putting out content that I am truly proud of and am passionate about. Sorry for this rambling mess, I know that most (probably no) people will actually read this but it was something that I needed to put out there.
In the meantime, between working max hours in retail and working on a book (I will get there eventually), hopefully I can find some worthwhile things to post about.
Love ya guys.

1 comment:

  1. Such a nice post!
    Keep in touch xoxo
    Antonella

    ReplyDelete