Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Skinny Confidential

Yesterday, I read (and I mean just tore through it) The Skinny Confidential: A Babe's Sexy, Sassy Fitness and Lifestyle Guide by Lauryn. The book has been sitting on my wishlist for a couple of weeks now but I couldn't rationalize spending the $16 (+shipping) for the book even though that's an extremely low price for a book like that. I love Lauryn's writing and her blog, its been a huge inspiration to me to get fit and be healthier in my lifestyle choices. I happen to have some Amazon giftcards so I decided to get the Kindle edition for $9 which seemed even more reasonable to me. Eventually I will probably purchase the hard copy as well because I find the book so aesthetically pleasing and prefer physical copies of books anyways. Basically, if you have any interest in a clean and healthy lifestyle (with some cold, hard facts) you should check out Lauryn's book. I mean the e-edition is under $10 which is a total steal for the book in my opinion.
(Image from Lauryn's blog)

She walks you through how to love yourself, how to eat in a healthy and clean way, exercises that actually work (OMG!), clothing tips and have to find your own style, makeup to fit your style. Lauryn spends the whole book sharing her knowledge of clean living and finding a way to love yourself. Both are things that I love in the book. I think its full of things that every girl needs to hear (and some guys too) just to live a happy life. She has learned some amazing things in her life and has no qualms sharing the tips and tricks that she has picked up during that time.
I appreciate the book and it makes me love the content on her blog even more, I am always excited to see a new post pop up on my feed from her. The posts actually teach me something and have a friendly tone so I don't feel like I'm being talked down to in the slightest (one of the biggest things I hate about some of the bigger bloggers).
Go give Lauryn's blog and her book a good look, you will like what you see.
Love ya guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment