Thursday, July 24, 2014

Listopia


DayZero Project seems like the kind of site that everyone knows about but no one talks about, its a shame. If you have never checked it out then you really should. It makes you want to do things you've never known you wanted to do. Honestly, it helped me get my mind around all the things I've always wanted to accomplish but never had the organization to.No silly gimmicks or hidden methods, that's just it. It really makes you see all the things you've always wanted to do and get to it. That way you can start accomplishing goals instead of just thinking about them. Over the years (yes I've been on the site that long), they have added new features. Each one better than the next. In case you are one of the people who don't know about the awesome site, let me fill you in.

  • You make a list of 101 goals you want to complete in 1001 days.
  • There's a feature to add goals to a list called "someday" for those things you want to do but don't see yourself finishing in the next 1001 days. Things like "get married" or "write the great American novel."
  • In case you are lost on ideas, there's themed lists of ideas.
  • You can also pick categories and choose between two different ideas.
  • Or there's always been the list of most popular goals.
  • More recently, they have added an option to have more than one 101/1001 list which makes me happy because I always end up with too many ideas to fit on one by itself so I need many...I'm an overachiever. 
That's really all there is to it, one of the simplest ways to organize your life goals, silly or serious. Years ago, right after the site started really taking off, a friend recommended it to me when I was struggling with figuring out which of many goals I really wanted to accomplish. I felt like I wasn't doing anything with my life...reality check, I was only 16 at the time. The weight of the world was already getting a little too heavy for me. But this site honestly helped me see the big picture of what I wanted to accomplish in the next 1001 days. My list is a mix of silly and serious goals that I want to do. Here are a few of my favorites:

  • #6 - Leave an inspirational note in a book for someone (done): I left a note in an Encyclopedia of Satanism that I found at the library, it said "You are beautiful and I hope you smile today."
  • #14 - Don't speak a word for a day: I don't know if I'm going to be able to do this one because of my inability to shut the hell up.
  • #24 - Get a New Year's kiss (done): Though I may not be with the person that I kissed at midnight, it was a wonderful thing to turn the person I was dating and be able to kiss him as the New Year started thinking the rest of the year would only get better (I was wrong, we broke up less than two months later).
  • #31 - Build a sandcastle: I know that this makes me a child but I really want to do this because its one of my favorite things to do at the beach but I always feel so embarrassed as a 20 year old building a sandcastle in front of a bunch of people.
  • #56 - Answer "50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind": Try it, I dare you...this one has been hard for me, that's the only reason it hasn't been done yet.
  • #81 - Stop wearing makeup (done): For about a year, I stopped wearing makeup all together except for like tinted moisturizer. I felt really confident and then I started working with a bunch of gorgeous girls and being in retail so that ended pretty quick. But I still don't wear nearly as much as I used to.
  • #100 - Say "I love you": I will be honest, I've only said it to one guy before and really meant it. I've always wanted to find that special someone that I could say it to and know that I actually love.
  • #101 - Make another 101/1001 list: Of course this has to be on here, though I will admit that I'm already half way through making the next one.
I've been going through my dayzero list today and adding some new things, also removing goals that just don't apply to my life anymore. I wrote all the ones that I still want to complete in the notes section of my new planner, it actually filled all three pages. I'm ready to get rocking and rolling on this list. I want the next five months left in 2014 to be fantastic. What brought all this to mind was TSC's post about lists and why they rock. I swear I'm not obsessed with Lauryn or anything but I do think her posts are lovely, she's a great inspiration to me.
Until next time!!!
Love ya guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment